Designing your cake:
1. Whether it is for a birthday, baby shower or wedding, designing your cake should be fun for all! The possibilities are endless and our design team is available to help walk you through to creating your perfect cake!
It is helpful to know the number of guests, a special theme (if you have one) and your event date.
2. You can view a variety of different themes for any event on our website, Facebook page or through our catalogs. Supplying our design team with images from books, magazines or websites are also helpful if it is something that we have not done before.
3. By combining different ideas from more than one cake is a great way to make it your own.
4. If it is a wedding cake, please call to make an appointment. For all other events, you may call or stop in to place your order. Our design team will be more than happy to work with you in designing your perfect cake creation.
Determining the size and price of your cake:
1. It is sometimes challenging to determine how big your cake needs to be. Be sure to choose the size cake to fit your event, especially if it is for your wedding. It is helpful to know how many guests you are expecting to have prior to designing your cake. Sheet cakes are a great way to add servings if you prefer an average size wedding cake, but require more cake to accomodate a large guest count.
2. We offer a variety of different shapes and sizes depending on the number of guests. Our cake menu with pricing details are placed several times throughout this catalog to help you decide what size and shape will work best for your event.
3. The cakes featured in this catalog are all priced with special fillings; however, you may order a cake with plain filling for a less expensive price. The cake menu and pricing pages will help you determine your total price. The cakes that have fresh flowers are priced with our design team arranging them for a fee; however, you may ask your florist to place them on at the hall if you prefer not to pay the additional fee.
Changing your cake after your order is placed:
1. Changes to your cake can be made up to 72 hours prior to your event date or the date your order is to be picked up. We recommend not making too many changes once your order is placed to avoid mistakes being made. If your cake involves special custom made pieces or items that need to be ordered, then you make not be able to change them.
Picking up and delivering your cake:
1. We deliver wedding cakes for a fee. Fees vary depending on the location. Any cake that serves more than 100 guests may be considered for delivery. All small tiered cakes are required to be picked up.
2. Whoever picks up your cake, please provide the name for which the order was placed on the ticket and exactly what was ordered (i.e. size, theme, etc). This will ensure us that you receive everything you ordered, as well as help us find your order quickly.
3. We are closed on Sundays, except for holidays. During the summer months, you may pick up any 1/2 sheet, full sheet or tiered cake on Sundays from 10:00am - 10:15am only. We highly recommend picking up smaller cakes on Saturday.
4. Since we are closed on Sundays, any cake that is picked up on Saturday for a Sunday event we recommend it be refrigerated. Whipped cream cakes cannot be left out overnight and can sit out for approximately 2-4 hours in an air conditioned room. Buttercream cakes do not need to be refrigerated as long as it is in room temperature and not in the heat.
5. It is very important to have enough room available in your car when picking up a cake, especially if it is a tiered cake. A majority of our cakes are packaged in a large box. We recommend picking up your cake in an SUV or placing it in the most flat area of your car if you have a smaller vehicle.
If you need to place it on the seat (and not on a flat surface or in the trunk), it is very important to place something underneath the box to make it level (i.e. water bottle, towel, books)
Our cakes are built to withstand normal driving conditions, but it is imperative that you drive with caution and try not to make fast turns or sudden stops. We are not responsible for reckless driving.
Please use the air conditioner to keep the cake cool, especially during the summer months. Please do not leave them in a hot car.